Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Chicken Mozzarella Pasta

Yesterday I mentioned making a batch of Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Aaron. This is one of those recipes that is a bit of a "cheater" recipe, but it is so delicious that I'm ok with this one. 

You see...I grew up with a father that was half Sicilian. The thought of purchasing a jar of pre-made spaghetti sauce was majorly frowned upon. The words "Ragu" and "Prego" were bad words in our house. LOL. But with a bit of "doctoring" this recipe is super delicious and easy enough for people who don't know much about cooking...so while I was sick I could chop onions and such at the table while Aaron did the cooking.

So, sorry, Mom....but this recipe is super yummy despite the jarred sauce.

I hope ya'll try it!

Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
1 lb. penne (or other pasta of your choice)
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, diced
1 45 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. basil
1 pkg mozzarella pearls (I use BelGioioso brand that I get at Wal-Mart)
Parmesan cheese for topping

Saute chicken in olive oil with salt and pepper. Remove chicken and saute onions and garlic. Add sauce. Put water in jar, swish around and pour into sauce. Add basil and cooked chicken. Cook 10 minutes until nice and hot. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Right before pasta is done stir mozzarella pearls into sauce, turn off and let sit without stirring anymore. When pasta is done top with sauce and parmesan and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha! Am just now seeing this! I'll forgive you for using the jarred sauce, but I don't know that your would have! (Oh! He would have! He just probably wouldn't have touched it with a ten-foot-pole! LOL!) Basically, it sounds like a stovetop cacciatore. I'll try it, but using my own sauce. I always make extra and usually have a jar or two sealed and sitting in the fridge. Sounds delicious!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Sour Dough Biscuits and Upcoming Changes

Good evening, friends! August is here and we will soon be in autumn and I can't wait!!! On August 1st the month started with a super moo...