Saturday, March 11, 2023

Prayers Please

 Hello, Friends.

So I'm going to post an out of the ordinary post...and one that isn't too fun.

I haven't had anything fun to post this week, because it has been a struggle of a week. Last Sunday I woke up in pain and realized I was having a flare-up of my Interstitial Cystitis. I was diagnosed with IC a few years ago, and it is, unfortunately, an incurable bladder disease. I have been fortunate in the fact that it has not flared up often.

I fought it for a few days this week, and ended up going to the doctor, as I had a suspicion that it may have turned into an infection. They took sent it off for a culture and I waited. Then yesterday morning I woke up in severe pain that felt eerily reminiscent of the pain I felt last year during an infection that landed me in the hospital for 3 days. 

I ended up going to the ER where several tests were run including an abdominal CT. It was confirmed that it had turned into an infection, and that there was some swelling in my kidney. They did a round of strong IV antibiotics, and sent me home with oral antibiotics. My throat was a bit sore by the time I left the hospital, but I chalked that up to the fact that they wouldn't let me drink anything until they had all the test results back.

My sister and her kids were super sweet and came to see me. They brought sandwich stuff and chips for dinner and visited for a few hours. We pulled out a bunch of my old photos and we got to relive a lot of old memories. It kept me occupied for awhile so I wasn't thinking about my pain. I love them so much and I'm so happy they came to visit!

By the time they left I was sneezing and not feeling well. I was getting a bit stuffy. This morning I woke up with a full-blown head cold...again.

I am so tired of being sick. I have only had about a week's worth of days feeling at 100% since Christmas. I'll finally get past one thing and feel good for a couple days, and then it triggers something else, and here we go again. My immune system is just so low, and doesn't ever get a chance to get built up a bit before the next thing hits.

I know that God is in control. I am asking you all to pray with me for healing, and an opportunity to get my immune system built up a bit. I need to get my good health back so that I can get back to normal life. I have so many things I want/need to do.



Anyway...hopefully I'll have something more fun to post soon! Love you all!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sour Dough Biscuits and Upcoming Changes

Good evening, friends! August is here and we will soon be in autumn and I can't wait!!! On August 1st the month started with a super moo...