Thursday, April 6, 2023

Recipe: Tortellini with Creamy Tomato Sauce

Hello, Friends!

Below you will find one of my family's favorite dishes, including my mother. It is a decadent cheese ravioli (purchased in the fresh pasta section of your supermarket) with a thick and creamy tomato sauce. The flavor is great day of making it and even better with leftovers the second day. 

I like to use Giovanni Rana fresh tortellini. I get it at Walmart in the fresh pasta section, usually near the deli. The five cheese kind is our favorite. Enjoy the recipe!

Tortellini with Creamy Tomato Sauce

Tortellini with Creamy Tomato Sauce

18-20 oz. fresh cheese tortellini
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbs dried basil
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbs flour
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Chop spinach and garlic. Put water on to boil for tortellini. By the time it boils and you cook your pasta (usually 4 minutes for fresh) the sauce will be ready. While you are waiting on the pasta sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, spinach and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Whisk milk, cream and flour together. Add to pan along with parmesan cheese. Stir well and cook until bubbling and thick. Drain your tortellini and mix into sauce. Serve and enjoy (preferably with a loaf of garlic bread)!

1 comment:

  1. Be still my heart! My favorite food! Thanks for making this for me when I come up! Yum!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Sour Dough Biscuits and Upcoming Changes

Good evening, friends! August is here and we will soon be in autumn and I can't wait!!! On August 1st the month started with a super moo...